Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Graph showing count of records within a range

Hi All , I have a file of order lines for which I have calculated the number of days between today and the due date.  I'm trying to create a graph showing the count of lines between 0 -10 , 11 - 20 and over 20 days. I can't to find the correct expression to display the data. I just get 3 bars with the same total of order lines - not the sum for each range. Could someone assist please.Regards,Simon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Here don't need to use $()

Try with this    

date(date#(right(DUEDT,6),'YYMMDD'),'DDMMYYYY') as due,
if((Today() - date(date#(right(DUEDT,6),'YYMMDD'),'DDMMYYYY')) <= 10 , '0-10' ,
if((Today() - date(date#(right(DUEDT,6),'YYMMDD'),'DDMMYYYY')) > 10

and (Today() - date(date#(right(DUEDT,6),'YYMMDD'),'DDMMYYYY')) <= 20 , '11-20' ,'21-31' )) as DDate,

Or

Try like this

SET due=date(date#(right(DUEDT,6),'YYMMDD'),'DDMMYYYY');

$(due) as due,
if((Today() - $(due)) <= 10 , '0-10' ,
if((Today() - $(due)) > 10 and (Today() - $(due)) <= 20 , '11-20' ,'21-31' )) as DDate,

Hope it helps

Celambarasan

View solution in original post

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You need to use a calculated dimension in your graph, use the class() function or just a couple of if():

=if(DiffDate <=10, '0-10', if(DiffDate <=20, '11-20','over 20'))

and as expression just

=count(RecordID)

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

... And for better performance, do swuehl's code in your load script instead of at runtime.

Kind regards

Magnus Åvitsland

BI Consultant

Framsteg Business Intelligence Corp.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Hope the attached file will be give better understand / idea for your requirement

Regards

Ashok

Not applicable
Author

Hi thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delay , I had a production issue to deal with. I copied in your code and modified it to use a variable that was created by converting our CYYMMDD date. I substituted this for your "Date" filed using $(due) - is this correct or can I use our date format ? By adding this code it caused multiple synthetic links which points me to a syntax error. The code I'm using is as follows :-

if((Today() - $(due)) > 10 and (Today() - $(due)) <= 20 , '11-20' ,'21-31' )) as DDate,

I also need need to add in another group , so it contains <0 , 0 - 10 , 11 - 20 and >20 as it includes overdue which are negative.

Regards,Simon

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Here don't need to use $()

Try with this    

and (Today() - date(date#(right(DUEDT,6),'YYMMDD'),'DDMMYYYY')) <= 20 , '11-20' ,'21-31' )) as DDate,

Or

Try like this

SET due=date(date#(right(DUEDT,6),'YYMMDD'),'DDMMYYYY');

$(due) as due,

Hope it helps

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

Hi , many thanks for your help ( I'm using the top version ) . One other question , I'd like to omit past records from the load but I can't seem to get the code right to select using variables. I'd like to select due > Today but it won't recognise the fields. Can you use Today in the select ? Do you have to use $(due) ? Regards , Simon

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Check with this

Load

and (Today() - date(date#(right(DUEDT,6),'YYMMDD'),'DDMMYYYY')) <= 20 , '11-20' ,'21-31' )) as DDate

From ... Where date(date#(right(DUEDT,6),'YYMMDD'),'DDMMYYYY') > Today();

Hope it helps

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

Hi , it doesn't like date# ?? I'd tried that one myself - along with a few others ! Regards