Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dimension by Date

I am trying to show demand for an item with weekstart as my dimension.  Each item has a date that I convert to the weekstart of that date.  I use week as my dimension and sum the quantity as my expression.  However I need to show ALL weeks for a 10 week period on the chart even if there is no data for some of those weeks.

I tried creating a temp week table that autogenerates all weekstarts for 10 weeks where tempweek = week but that does not work.

Here is a sample of data for part A and a screenshot of my chart.  Any ideas?

ItemDateWeekQuantity
A3/8/123/5/124
A4/5/124/2/124
A5/4/124/30/125

demand_issue_qv.bmp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Chris

You probably need a date island containing the 10 week period. You would use the date island field as the dimension and sumif expressions for the quantities. If you turn off suppress zeroes, you should get all the weeks whether there is data or not.

There are quite a few posts in this and similar issues - search for date or data island and "asof dates"

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

How have you created the tempweek in your chart? And have you unchecked 'suppress zero values' in presentation tab?

One approach might be to create a master calendar (search for master calendar here in the forum, there are tons of threads about this topic, including sample files), then limit the amount of weeks shown to the required ten weeks by either a calculated dimension or set analysis.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Chris

You probably need a date island containing the 10 week period. You would use the date island field as the dimension and sumif expressions for the quantities. If you turn off suppress zeroes, you should get all the weeks whether there is data or not.

There are quite a few posts in this and similar issues - search for date or data island and "asof dates"

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

I think you are on the right track,you need a temp table that contains your 10 week.

you should be able to use the week function to return the weeknumber for the date (and convert it into the right week within the 10 week period).Join that value with your created table.

Not applicable
Author

I was not doing a sumif I was doing an if...sum.., that was my problem.  Works now, thanks for you help guys!