Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extensions and Workbench

Hello,

i want to try out Extensions. An Extensions have a Definition.xml, Javasript.js, Properties.qvpp, Picutre.png File.

So i read that i can create extensions  in a normal editor like notepad ++ or in the workbench integrated in microsoft visual web  developer 2010 express. but visual studio helps me to create for examle websites with qlikview.  where is in the visual studio the benefit to create extension? in the toolbox i only have a a pointer and a qvobject.  is the benefit that the Properties.qvpp-file will be generated in visual studio?  or have i create the Properties.qvpp-file (it describes the chart or am i wrong?) without an special tool?thanks for your answer!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi aylinbisiren,

The value add from usring QlikView Workbench through Visual Studio comes when you go File | New Project in Visual Studio and choose the "QlikView Extension" project template (either the C# verion or the Visual Basic version).

The V11 project templae provides all sorts of cool functionality (it was there in v10, but dramatically improved for V11).

You can define your objects dimensions and expressions and other properties without needing to hand edit Properties.qvpp, for example (for advanced customizations you still may need to hand edit).

You can also pack and publish your etensions to both the desktop and the server from right in Visual Studio too.

The template itself contains lots of helpful pointers, but also be sure to check out of the full Workbench Reference Manual.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi aylinbisiren,

The value add from usring QlikView Workbench through Visual Studio comes when you go File | New Project in Visual Studio and choose the "QlikView Extension" project template (either the C# verion or the Visual Basic version).

The V11 project templae provides all sorts of cool functionality (it was there in v10, but dramatically improved for V11).

You can define your objects dimensions and expressions and other properties without needing to hand edit Properties.qvpp, for example (for advanced customizations you still may need to hand edit).

You can also pack and publish your etensions to both the desktop and the server from right in Visual Studio too.

The template itself contains lots of helpful pointers, but also be sure to check out of the full Workbench Reference Manual.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Dan,

thanks for your answer.

To create a new project, i use the add on "QlikView Extension" as you mentioned it. Pleae look at my screenshot. It shows on the righ the project structure (definition.xml, icon.png....). where are now the functinos? do you mean the funtions on the left side ? they are not activated. so i can't use them.

where can i now define my object dimensions? or did you mean that i can create them if i create a new website project? then the pointer and QVProject are activated but i have to connect to the qv-server to choose for example bar charts, list boxes from the access point.

Best Regards,

Aylin

Not applicable
Author

Hi Aylin,

Did you install Workbench verion 10 or Workbench version 11?

-Dan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dan,

i installed Workbench 10 on my client because i have qlikview 10 on my laptop.. but the server has qlikview 11.