Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

License Issue (AccessPoint)

I am a Named CAL.

Today, I have tried accessing certain report in AccessPoint and I got this error (QV Error.JPG).

I have also attached the current configuration of that said document.

Please help.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In the Document Configuration.JPG file you see the doc CALs. Since you have a named user CAL, I think you need to take a look at the Licenses tab in the QV Management Console. Maybe you can find out the issue there.

Regards,

Henco

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

In QEMc--> system --> License --> qlikview server --> client access cals --> assign cal tab.

Check weather your name exists or not.

If not then you have not assign a named call.

If yes then while logging in try to logged in with domain name followed by user name.

Also recommended to start all the qlikview services.

Eventually it should solve your peoblem.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need to check to have sure the userID you logged in with has been setup with a document license for that document. You have document Cals and not User Cals. So you have to assign the user to the documents after you allocate document Cals to the Document.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, hencovanee.

In the management console, i cannot find any issue.

Also, I have other qvw in Accesspoint with zero Doc CALS but i am still able to access them.

This is the only document i am having issues in opening via AccessPoint.

Regards,

dnatividad

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator
Author

ashfaq_haseeb wrote:

Hi,

In QEMc--> system --> License --> qlikview server --> client access cals --> assign cal tab.

Check weather your name exists or not.

If not then you have not assign a named call.

If yes then while logging in try to logged in with domain name followed by user name.

Also recommended to start all the qlikview services.

Eventually it should solve your peoblem.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Hi ashfaq_haseeb,

I can see my name in the list under Named CALS.

I might try restarting the server.

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator
Author

Bill Britt wrote:

You need to check to have sure the userID you logged in with has been setup with a document license for that document. You have document Cals and not User Cals. So you have to assign the user to the documents after you allocate document Cals to the Document.

My userID runs under Named CAL.

You see, i have two documents both with no CALS (document). The other, I can access. But for the second document, that is when I received the error moving forward.