Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ErrorFailed to connect to QlikView Server

We have received the error message: " Error Failed to connect to QlikView Server" two times in the past week. Each time I checked it, the Qlikview Server Service was down. (QVS) This caused all of our morning tasks to fail. Any ideas what would cause this problem? t can't be a permission problem becuase it runs normally on other days.

Thank you.

Don Saluga

ServiceLink

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You should have a look at windows event logs and QVS Logs.

Could be memory issue ( not enough RAM) ... or other tehnical issue...

Rgds,

Sébastien

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sebastien. I did notice that the error occurred right after a SQL Server transaction log backup. I'm not sure if this was the cause, but I disabled the log backup to test.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sebastien. I did notice that the error occurred right after a SQL Server transaction log backup. I'm not sure if this was the cause, but I disabled the log backup to test.

Not applicable
Author

Our services used to fail when the pagefile got to large. Could be a similar issue.

Not applicable
Author

We have a pretty big server. It is a 64 bit server (Windows 2003) with 30 GB of RAM. Does Qlikview performance monitor display virtual memory?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,
set QlikView Server to restart automatically after a fail (service management console, QVS, recovery) and schedul a restart of QVS service after your backup if you think it could be the problem, bye.

Not applicable
Author

Corrado,

Thank you for your reply. I checked the Recovery Propertiesand on our Qlikview server and they are set the exact same way. I'm thinking I may have to set the third subsequent failure to Restart the Computer. This problem has occurrred twice in the past week and is likely to repeat so this is not a very good work around. I'm beginning to suspect that it is a virtual memory problem. I am a bit confused because our 64 bit Windows 2003 server has about 30 GBs of memory which seems adequate so I'm not sure why it has to use virtual memory memory. (We are also on Version 9, R2.)

If this is a virtual memory issue, any suggestions on how much to change it to and where to change it.

I saw this post below yesterday, so this issue must be showing up. Our Access Point shows "No Server" when this service is down.

Don

Hi,

QV server is working fine on my server (V9 SR1) but :
- no reload tasks are scheduled
- QV Distribution Service process memory consumption is growing more and more each day without reason, crashing the whole server after a week or two.

Anyone has got an idea to explain it ?
Should this service be scheduled to be restarted ?
What is it used for (accesspoint?, publisher?) ?

Thanks a lot for your help.!
Franck

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Did you upgraded to SR3 ? It may solve many of these problems

Not applicable
Author

Hello Guys,

Same problem with us.. Any solution??

dsalugu? did u find the problem which is causing the Server downfall and only somtimes..

if then pls inform me.. Thanks

Sravan