Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't create task on file

Hi,

I've got a very strange issue. I copied one file from subfolder to main folder. This file was reloaded by task. But now QlikView still tries to reload this file from subfolder.

How did I do it:

1. Delete the task on the file in the subfolder
  2. Move the file into the main folder
  3. Add a new task to the file in the main folder

QEMC still doesn't show any task on the file on tab Documents. If I copy back the file into the subfolder it shows "(1 task)" on the subfolder file, even though I created the task on the main folder file. And also when I click on the main folder file, I see the task and can modify it, but it's the task of the subfolder file.

What I did so far:

• Delete the task several times and re-enter it
  • Enter another task name
  • Wait some hours until re-entering
  • Restart the QDS Service
  • Restart the whole Server
  • Reload and save the file manually, then re-enter the task

Nothing worked, QlikView always wants to reload the file from subfolder.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I renamed the file and that solved my problem. Anyway strange behaviour of QV...

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Are there any .Meta or .Shared files related to the file left in the original subfolder? Is this a mounted folder or is it within the root folder? Or is it a mounted folder within the root folder? If you are not using Publisher: did you try not disabling the task but setting the reload trigger to NONE? What version of QlikView are you running?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

No, no data left. I already deleted the folder, And I also re-created it to see if that helps, but it didn't.

I'm not sure what you mean by "mounted", but the folder isn't a network drive, it's just another drive (D:) on the same server.

Yes, I disabled the old task and also deleted just the reload trigger, but nothing solved my issue.

It's 10 SR2.

Not applicable
Author

I am out of the office until 03/14/2012.

I will be out of office today for CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility). For any urgent request or escalation, kindly contact Nick-rcm Price or Jannette Lobemeier. Thanks

Note: This is an automated response to your message "[Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)] - Re: Can't create task on file" sent on 13.03.2012 08:25:42.

This is the only notification you will receive while this person is away.

--

Informationen (einschließlich Pflichtangaben) zu einzelnen, innerhalb der EU tätigen Gesellschaften und Zweigniederlassungen des Konzerns Deutsche Bank finden Sie unter http://www.deutsche-bank.de/de/content/pflichtangaben.htm. Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/ oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for information (including mandatory corporate particulars) on selected Deutsche Bank branches and group companies registered or incorporated in the European Union. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

In the QlikView Server there are two types of folders you can specify in the QEMC, System, Setup, QlikView Servers, Folders tab, root folders (where the documents are) and mounted folders (not depending on the root folder, not even mounted drives, but another folders with documents available to the users). It's not unsual that some folders within the root folders are set in the QEMC as mounted, so the documents and tasks appear twice and will lead to confussion.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I will be out of office today for CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility). For any urgent request or escalation, kindly contact Nick-rcm Price or Jannette Lobemeier. Thanks

Note: This is an automated response to your message "[Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)] - Re: Can't create task on file" sent on 13.03.2012 09:18:47.

--

Informationen (einschließlich Pflichtangaben) zu einzelnen, innerhalb der EU tätigen Gesellschaften und Zweigniederlassungen des Konzerns Deutsche Bank finden Sie unter http://www.deutsche-bank.de/de/content/pflichtangaben.htm. Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/ oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for information (including mandatory corporate particulars) on selected Deutsche Bank branches and group companies registered or incorporated in the European Union. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, it was in a subfolder of a mounted folder. One of the Mounted Folders is the main folder I mentioned above. Root Folder is a complete different folder, even on another drive. I guess Root Folder is never used in this environment.

Not applicable
Author

Note: This is an automated response to your message "[Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)] - Re: Can't create task on file" sent on 13.03.2012 18:51:30.

--

Not applicable
Author

I renamed the file and that solved my problem. Anyway strange behaviour of QV...