Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggregation in pivot chart: summing parts on different levels

Hi,

Please have a look at the attachement (QV used: QV9SR4)

My goal: to assign each date of sales in order.

eg:

- Product AB1234, sold on 2/1/2011 should should be reconned as the first sale made on this product.

- Product CD2468, sold on 4/4/2011 should be reconned as the third sale made on this product.

- and so on: for each date there should be one "number" known.

Eventually i would like to be able to sum all "first" sales of all products (this means AB1234-2/1/2011 + AB6789-1/1/2011 + CD2468-1/1/2011 + CD4567-4/4/2011 equals to 4569 + 254789 + 2578 + 41446) but also all second sales per product and so on.

Any comments would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Ramon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can also try using something like this, instead of sum(InvoiceSales) you should be able to put in you expression to calculate InvoiceSales.

=sum(aggr(if(DateSales = min(total<Product> DateSales), sum(InvoiceSales) ),Product,DateSales))

I am assuming that your calculation of InvoiceSales is somewhat trivial, like a simple sum. If not, this might complicate things a bit more.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ramon,

You just need to assign a SalesOrder ID in your load script:

Result:

LOAD *,

autonumber(recno(),Product) as SalesOrder

Resident Sheet1$ order by Product, DateSales;

Now every order of holds a number, per product.

Summing up the Amounts is per order number is easy then, in a chart grouped by SalesOrder dimension or

using

=sum({<SalesOrder = {1}>} InvoiceSales)

e.g. in a textbox to sum only the first sales orders.

Please have a look at attached sample.

Not applicable
Author

Fantastic, thank you!

Just one additional question: is there a possibility to get (more or less) the same result, but whitout using a script? If this can be done using expressions, I would like to know how.

Thank you in advance!

Not applicable
Author

Just to make clear why I would like to have the result using expressions: using the script is not officially part of my possibilities, so I cannot make any changes in the script without collaborating with the IT department.

Hopefully this problem can be solved using expressions

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can do it in a chart object also, the exact syntax might depend on your data model and in what context you are using the expression.

Assuming that you have only 1 InvoiceSales per SalesDate, you can use something like:

=sum(aggr( 

firstsortedvalue(InvoiceSales, DateSales, 1 ),Product

))

to sum the InvoiceSale for the first time the Product was sold over all Products (the magic number 1 is indicating first sales, change to 2,3,4 if you want to query second, third, fourth).

See also attached.

Not applicable
Author

I tried this solution, and it works! Great!

One additional question: is it possible to use and expression on the place where is InvoiceSales? I tried, but did not succeed. In my real chart I have to calculate the InvoiceSales, so this is not part of my raw date.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can also try using something like this, instead of sum(InvoiceSales) you should be able to put in you expression to calculate InvoiceSales.

=sum(aggr(if(DateSales = min(total<Product> DateSales), sum(InvoiceSales) ),Product,DateSales))

I am assuming that your calculation of InvoiceSales is somewhat trivial, like a simple sum. If not, this might complicate things a bit more.

Not applicable
Author

swuehl,

First of all, I would like to thank you for all your efforts replying to my questions.

For now, my questions ahve been answered perfectly. Thank you!