Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III

QV11 Server Logging

Hi,

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but I could do with someone pointing it out!

I am trying to find out why a document is failing to reload using the QlikView Server but succeeds in the full client. Ok, so the user account is different for the logged on user in the full client and the server service but I can't yet get to the bottom of the problem yet as I have one to get over first.

I can't seem to generate a log file for the document that is failing to reload.

I have enabled logging on the QV Server (System tab -> Server Name -> Logging tab -> Enable Audit Logging)

I have enabled logging on the document itself (Document Properties)

I look in the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer directory and no log files there and neither in the directory where the document itself is. One thing to note is that when I reload using the full client the logging works (although it is using a different user account to access the document I assume).

Please help!

23 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Is this a large document? There is an outstanding bug in qv11 where documents that take too long to load from disk timeout and fail. The symptom is a "document failed to load..." message in the tasklog.

Rob

Not applicable

I am out of the office until 03/14/2012.

I will be out of office today for CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility). For any urgent request or escalation, kindly contact Nick-rcm Price or Jannette Lobemeier. Thanks

Note: This is an automated response to your message "[Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)] - Re: QV11 Server Logging" sent on 13.03.2012 21:22:28.

This is the only notification you will receive while this person is away.

--

Informationen (einschließlich Pflichtangaben) zu einzelnen, innerhalb der EU tätigen Gesellschaften und Zweigniederlassungen des Konzerns Deutsche Bank finden Sie unter http://www.deutsche-bank.de/de/content/pflichtangaben.htm. Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/ oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for information (including mandatory corporate particulars) on selected Deutsche Bank branches and group companies registered or incorporated in the European Union. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

What is the BugID? I can't find a bug for this issue.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

I am out of the office until 03/14/2012.

I will be out of office today for CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility). For any urgent request or escalation, kindly contact Nick-rcm Price or Jannette Lobemeier. Thanks

Note: This is an automated response to your message "[Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)] - Re: QV11 Server Logging" sent on 13.03.2012 21:27:40.

This is the only notification you will receive while this person is away.

--

Informationen (einschließlich Pflichtangaben) zu einzelnen, innerhalb der EU tätigen Gesellschaften und Zweigniederlassungen des Konzerns Deutsche Bank finden Sie unter http://www.deutsche-bank.de/de/content/pflichtangaben.htm. Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/ oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for information (including mandatory corporate particulars) on selected Deutsche Bank branches and group companies registered or incorporated in the European Union. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Bill,

I may have overspoke when I said there was an outstanding bug. "Known issue" may be a more accurate description.

http://community.qlik.com/message/185729#185729

I have a customer with the same problem and he worked around it by loading a reduced copy as explained in the post. I sent the customer to QT support but don't know yet if he has a confirmed BugId.

-Rob

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I shall try a few of the options now and post back when I have some further info.

Regards,

Chris

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

A bit more info!

Gary,

In response to your post I'm using Server to reload the documents. The build number is 11.0.11154.0 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 64-bit server.

Bill,

Have ticked the box generate log file and have opened the report in full client, for which I am using a seperate user account and the log file creates ok. I am going to assign the 1 full licence to the service account to see if this makes a difference.

Rob,

I wouldn't say it was a large document. I don't think it is a size issue though as this is an update to an existing report which is reloading fine (not sure if it is creating a log file though!!).

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I'm thinking that maybe I'm not getting something right in my head.

I have logged on using the account for server service that I have set up. When I open the QlikView client it opens as a Personal Edition. Is this correct? We have a server licence applied but does this have any effect over the account used for the service when opening the full QV client? I may well be getting the two mixed up.

Chris

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you open Qlikview Developer with the service account, that account will have to be assigned a User CAL and license lease just like when you use your personal userid.

The Qlikview Server license only authorizes the server code, it does not apply to the Developer client.

Reloads run through QV Server do not require a user CAL license be assigned to the service account.

Check the TaskLog for the server reload to see if there are any useful messages. You can find the logs in

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ah, that's interesting!

I get an exception in the log, the error being:

QDSMain.Exceptions.SourceDocumentNotFoundException: Could not find SourceDocument (Distribution): qvp://servername/Extract v1.1/Extract.qvw

Curious...