Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to change Document CALs assigned to users?

HI,

I need to distribute document to new user. I assigned Document CAL in QEMC-->Documents-->User Docuemnts-->Documents CAL.

I assigned CAL to user . Even though "Document CALs assigned to Users" is not changing. After assigning CAL ot user do I need to anything to add one more user.

Please help me.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have modified number of CALs allocated to this document. And enabled check box "Allow dynamic CAL assignment". Even though it has not been working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Got the same problem here. In the "Document CALs" tab, I changed the "Number of CALs allocated to this Document" to 10, and  in the "Assigned Users" list, I use "Manage Users" to add a new user. But in the summary, the "Document CALs assigned to users" dose not change, the summary is as below :

Summary

Document CALs available on server: 20

Document CALs not allocated on server: 7

Document CALs allocated to this document: 10

Document CALs embedded in document: 0

Document CALs assigned to users: 9

May I know how can i change the number of "Document CALs assigned to users" ?

Thanks

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

restart Qlikview management service from

run->services.msc

and restart qmec again

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, chauhans85, thanks for your suggestion, I tried it, at beginning, it seems do not work, as nothing happened to the value of "Document assigned to users".  But later, I tried to login use the new users from browser to check, then surprisingly, the .qvw file is there and all data is correct. And after that, the value of "Document assigned to users" changed to the correct number.

Do you have any idea why?