Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
galrion82
Contributor III
Contributor III

Performance in Qvs 9

Hello

We have been using QlikVIew for 2 years (version 😎 and last week we bought a new server - 4 Quad Coare Intel E7440 2.40 GHz, 32 GB RAM, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition. The server was added to our AD. I just finished installing QlikView Server 9 R2 on the new machine.

I noticed that now when i try to open files in Windows Client with Open in Server it takes about 20 seconds for the file list to apear. Is this lag normal? On QlikView Server 8.5 the list apears in under 1 sec.

Could this be caused by the security settings in AD?

Anyone else had this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
galrion82
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I solved the problem.

I open 2 ports in the firewall - 4747 and 4774 and after that the Windows Client worked perfect. The files open in under 1 second.

On the old server we didn't have a firewall so i didn't have to open any ports there.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

No, it's not normal, try to check network server configuration.

galrion82
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I solved the problem.

I open 2 ports in the firewall - 4747 and 4774 and after that the Windows Client worked perfect. The files open in under 1 second.

On the old server we didn't have a firewall so i didn't have to open any ports there.

Not applicable

Dear all,

We have been using QlikVIew (version 😎 Quad Core Intel Xeon, 2 GB RAM, Windows Server 2003 sp2 Standard Edition. The server show quickly a chart with several records ( 100.000 ) with only 1 gb ram usage

We bought a new server with qlikview version 9 SR6 64Bit, Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz, 16 GB RAM, and when I try to open same chart, server use all ram and then show error message " Object out of memory".....Why?

Anyone else had this problem?