Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marc_wintjen
Luminary
Luminary

Issue with Totaling a Percentage in Pivot Table

Hi,  I have an issue with trying to total a percentage.  I've attached an example and I'm trying to show the Sum of 2 Percentage values in a Pivot table.  Is it possible to total the values and not display the Dimension that makes up that total (see attached)?  If a straight table is a better solution, I'm fine with that as well.  Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume your Quarters should differ, so maybe like attached?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable

Since I am using a PE version so I can not open your report, but I can give you a suggestion.

Try to use "straight table", select "properties"-->"presentation"-->select the dimension you want to hidden-->select the radio box "hide column".

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Please see the attached QVW and let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Dan

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi, in your ex. in the second table, you'd like to hide those  Products groups which areNULL but still see the sum of the 5 for the NULLS + Company Product Group 1? (in your ex. would be 102.78%)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not really sure if I got your issue correctly, if you want to show the total line value in all lines for that group, you could try something like

=sum(total<Quarter> [Weighted Avg Calc])

as expression, i.e. using the total qualifier with appropriate field list.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please check the attached file.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

marc_wintjen
Luminary
Luminary
Author

Guys,  thanks for your quick response - Moving the Dimensions will not resolve this because I need to only show the Company Products Group 1 or show null values for Products that don't have a Company Product Group.   So the final result would look like this:

Customer   GroupMarket BasketYearQuarterCompany   Products GroupCalc
Customer 1Market Basket 120102010 - Q2CompanyProduct Group   1102.78%
Customer 1Market Basket 120102010 - Q2CompanyProduct Group   1104.86%
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Use this expression.

Sum(Aggr(sum([Weighted Avg Calc]),[Customer Group],[Market Basket],Year, Quarter))

Check the attachment.

Regards,

Jagan.

marc_wintjen
Luminary
Luminary
Author

Adding a Total within the Sum did give me the right answer but when I hide the Null Company Product Groups, it gives me the wrong total (shows 51.65% vs. 102.78%).

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume your Quarters should differ, so maybe like attached?