Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

E-mail Alert configuration

Hi all,

I'm working with a customer running Qlikview Server SBE WITHOUT QlikView Publisher. They want to enable the e-mail alerts when a document reload goes wrong. I configured the mail server to send HTML e-mails and authentication to use username and password. I ran the send-email test and it was successfully delivered into the administrator's mailbox. I also, set the SMTP option under the QlikView Server Settings tab to send the alerts, however, whenever a document realod fails it throws an error in the log, saying that the user should be authenticated before sending an e-mail, obviously the email is not generated, does anyone have any ideas on this?? am I missing a configuration step???

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

did you find a sollution for this?

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

If you have version 9, check out section 9.6 in the QlikView Server Reference Manual. As a quick summary, in the same section where you configure the SMTP of the QlikView Server there is a section to add e-mails to send alerts when the reloads of the server fails.

Regards.

Sunil Chauhan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i found it but it doesn't have a test button as it sais in the manual. I'm on QVS10 no publisher.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

create for a test application and then reload and test

Sunil Chauhan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

smart. why didn't i think of that. thank you!