Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Two Chosen Dates as Variables

Hello,

I am trying to do some period-over-period analyses. What I want to do is allow the user to select the two dates that they want to see compared. I have a field that contains four dates that correspond to the end of each quarter of last year. I want to allow the user to choose two of the dates, and I want QlikView to set the two dates as variables so that I can do some calculations on other fields for these dates. The date field contains many duplicates (12/31/10, 12/31/10,..., 3/31/11, 3/31/11,...), just in case that needs to be accounted for, but only four unique values altogether.

Any help is appreciated.

David

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi David,

Could you perhaps include a sample of what you are looking for i.e. are getting and am expecting. It sounds like you can do with an amulgamation of maybe a Master Calendar and some nifty Set Analysis, but without knowing exactly what you are after it is difficult to propose a possible solution.

Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure if it's worth attaching a file as the one I have is huge and likely not helpful. I will if this doesn't clear things up.

I have several fields. One field, called "Data as of", has four unique dates in it: 3/31/2011, 6/30/2011, 9/30/2011, and 12/31/2011. Each row in the file has one of the four dates attached to it, and each date is repeated ~300 times within the "Data as of" field.

I want the end user to be able to somehow select two of these dates, preferably from a dropdown menu. I then need to run calculations on just the data corresponding to these dates (percentage change, etc.).

Thanks for any help.