Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What are the approximate licensing costs for Qlikview to implement small scale Reporting, Analysis Services.

I am looking for information to help decide cost wise whether to implement Qlikview or Microsoft BI or Open source like Pentaho.

Standard Edition

A complete data management and business intelligence platform providing best-in-class ease of use and manageability for running departmental applications

Microsoft Store
Volume Licensing
Retail, VL, OEM, ISVR, SPLA

Retail*
$5,999
Example**
$$5,737

Retail*
$1,849 with 5 CALs
Example**
$885 server, $162 per additional CAL

Standard Edition

A complete data management and business intelligence platform providing best-in-class ease of use and manageability for running departmental applications
Microsoft Store
Volume Licensing
Retail, VL, OEM, ISVR, SPLA
Retail*
$5,999
Example**
$$5,737
Retail*
$1,849 with 5 CALs
Example**
$885 server, $162 per additional CAL

I would approach the salesperson later but currently trying to chart out expenses between Microsoft BI or opting QlikView or an open source solution like Pentaho.

I know Tsql, Oracle, BO and felt it might be easier to implement and keep working with Sql Server as opposed to learning Qlikview. But Qlikview is less expensive i suppose, not sure exactly.

We are currently not keen on spending much on providing reporting and analysis services to our clients, mainly because we are considering it as an add on way of improving our current services to our Client Industries.

Data loads 5-10 times in a month. 500mb - monthly. 10 clients. Planning on storing 4 years historical test data. - 24Gb.

This isnt too much of a warehouse and there wont be too much of extensive reporting and analysis applications that would be run initially that we need to worry about scaling up. I understand, but thats our plan to start off with providing small and based on the response improving.

I am unclear whether it would be expensive for us to lincense Sql Server or opt Qlikview.
or just go with an open source Reporting Analysis tool like Pentaho. Does it have its own language or it follows Sql?

After viewing the approximate pricing, sql server looks costlier than both Qlikview or Pentaho, I dont know Qlikview licensing but its just that it would take more time learningQlikview and all that but i would certainly prefer it if its much cheaper than Sql Server licensing.

Microsoft $885 server, $162 per additional CAL looks better though as currently we are planning on keeping costs around 1000$. There would be many experts who dealth with these situations in the past.
Please give your advice.

Regards.

0 Replies