Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Default value as null when there is no selections made.

Hi,

I have a doubt, when i made gauge and test tubes in my view m getting default values as the minimum values in that particular column. I need these gauge and tubes to display null value whenever there is no selections made.

For eg: I have a column with marketshare(4(min)------96(max)) and i represented the values in testtube. My dimenssion and Expression is same(Market Share).  Now without any selection, testtube is showing 4 as default.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sagar

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

I tried and its not working,now let me explain the whole problem.

I have a view and it have(2 testtubes, 3 digital display, 2 thermometer, 2 Guages). I have two multiboxes(where i apply my filters) and two listboxes(which are my real selections to get the result). Now my problem is whenever i apply my all filters I see my testtube and digital display showing numbers(which i don't want at all).

I only want my charts(2 testtubes, 3 digital display, 2 thermometer, 2 Guages) to display values, whenever i make selections in Listboxes, without which all charts should be showing zero value.

Did you get my exact problem.

Regards  

Not applicable
Author

which fileds are u having in Multibox and Listboxes.

Instead of Getcurrentselection....u can use getfieldselection..in which u can give the name of the field for which u want to show data. Also bypass the filednames of Multiboxes by using set analysis.

If possible can u gve some dummy data.

Not applicable
Author

See the attached App.

In this when u select values in Listboxes then only Testubes gets filled up .

If we make any selections on multiboxes then data is not affected in testubes.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

see the attached file

you are excluding the selection of field in multibox in expression

CustNo=,Customer=

thats why its not reflecting

if you to reflect on multibox selection then

write

sum(if(vtest=0,0 ,Sales)) in expression

and in variable

count(GetFieldSelections(SO,',' )) + count(GetFieldSelections(Region,',' ))  + count(GetFieldSelections(CustNo,',' ))  + count(GetFieldSelections(Customer,',' ))

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

I think that it is the rquirement of srmsagargupta that the data in testube should not reflect when values of mutibox fields are selected.

That is why i have bypassed those values.

That is why i have provided him the above solution.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Erika i saw that QV files and its working well, i tried the same with mine but it failed. i am sorry for dummy data. Is it possible to discuss on Skype if you won't mind.

Regards

Sagar Gupta

Not applicable
Author

Can I take ur remote through team viewer. or u can just scramble ur data and debug it on few lines and send me the application.

go to Document properties and choose scrambling tab.

In this u can select the fields to scramble which u don't want to disclose . Do this process in a Copy of ur application.

I don't have my lappy so can chat on skype.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erika,

I will try to give a mock data to you. Plzz give me some time.

Regards

Sagar Gupta