Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create Waterfall dynamically, depending on field selections

Hello!

Can anyone please give an advice on how to do the following...

I have loaded a database table like follows:

FactoryPartCostSelected in fieldlist
AX10Yes (Part fieldlist)
BX11Yes (Part fieldlist)
AY9Yes (Part fieldlist)
BY13Yes (Part fieldlist)
AZ7Yes (Part fieldlist)
BZ6Yes (Part fieldlist)
AU4No
BU7No

How can I make a waterfall out of this table? I want to show the total costs for each Factory at the left and right, and the differences in the middle?

Dimension values needed: 'Factory A','Part X','Part Y','Part Z','Factory B'

Values for the dimension: Sum(<$Factory={'a'}> Cost), 1 (green),4 (green),-1 (red), Total cost factory B.

If I choose to select part U as well, I would need the waterfall to include this value as well... Is this possible?

The dimension part is the most challenging, as I am aware that I can use set analysis to get the correct dimensions. Also I am aware of the offset-technique for creating the waterfall.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

not exactly an answer to your question but can you have not one but three charts side to side: Sum(A), Part Costs, Sum(B)?

Not applicable
Author

Hello and thanks for the response

I will try and illustrate what I need. See the attached file. This was based on another example found on the site, but it is not dynamic... And I have to construct the data in a table during load.

Is it possible to allow for a dynamic version of this (where the factories total costs are calculated (based on selection of costs to include) and displayed in each end, and the costs displayed as a waterfall, bridging between the two factories?

Best regards