Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

InputFields Reset upon Timeout

Hi There,

I am currently working with a client who is on Qlikview v10 SR2.  We have implemented some Inputfield functionality and this is all working fine.  The problem I am having is that if a document times out or bombs out for some other reason during a session and after some input field data has been entered, then this information is not being retained.

I know that the SHARED file in the document directory holds copies of the values entered by users so I thought that once a user entered information then that would be retained in the SHARED file but it is not returning the values entered.

The issue is occurring with IE Plugin which is also on v10 SR2.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this before or know of any possible things to check to see if it;s working.  I;m currently not aware of a way to see what is contained within a SHARED file but not sure it is in there anyway.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Cheers Qlikheads,

Paul Dutton

Patech Solutions Limited

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi pd4life,

I also have implemented an Inputfield within my document and my end users are using IE plugin as a client. However, I am unable to get any entered valued to save in my input field (when using ie), regardless of whether the session times out. Do you have any advise for me? are there any settings you had to change within the client/server/document that enables the saving of input field values. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff