Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

date with weekday on date-axis in Chart

Hi,

I have a chart with dates on the dimension axis. And I just want to display the weekday of the day beside/below/what else to the date. How can I add this information to the chart?

So on the dimension axis I want: 2012-03-29 (Thu), 2012-03-30 (Fr), ...

Thanks for your help.

Arne

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Sorry my mistake. You can either format the date field in the script instead using the date() function like this:

date(MyDateField, 'YYYY/MM/DD (WWW)') AS MyDateField

or you could use a calculated dimension within the chart to do the same like this:

=date(MyDateField, 'YYYY/MM/DD (WWW)')

but calculated dimensions are best avoided though as they can cause poor performance if you have large volumes of data.

Regards

Matt

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

On the Number tab of the chart properties, select the dimension field, tick the box "Override Document Settings" and set the format to Date. Then on the right hand side set the Format Pattern to "YYYY/MM/DD (WWW)" and that should do it.

Matt

Not applicable
Author

Hi Matt,

on the Number tab I don't have the possibility to change the dimension field, only the formulas.

Arne

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Sorry my mistake. You can either format the date field in the script instead using the date() function like this:

date(MyDateField, 'YYYY/MM/DD (WWW)') AS MyDateField

or you could use a calculated dimension within the chart to do the same like this:

=date(MyDateField, 'YYYY/MM/DD (WWW)')

but calculated dimensions are best avoided though as they can cause poor performance if you have large volumes of data.

Regards

Matt

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

weekday('2012-03-29')(fieldname)

ex:

weekday('2012-03-29')-> Thus

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author