Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accessing Microsoft CRM data

Has anyone tried to use Qlikview to connect to a Microsoft CRM database when extractibg data into QVD files? If so how can you overcome the CRM security model which relies on the login having been set up in CRM to control what data to view? We've tried to create a sql login but this doesn't work.

Thanks,

Simon

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I connect directly to sql server using my user to access db.

I can see all tables and extract data without problems.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Simon,
Can't you load data from tables instead of views? Views are restricted per CRM users while tables have all the data.

Not applicable
Author

Stefano,

Thanks for the reply. However we need to access the views for a number of reasons and so need to be able to gain access to them.

Thanks,

Simon

Not applicable
Author

Michael,

Unfortuantely we do need to access the views for a number of different reasons.

Thanks,

Simon

Not applicable
Author

I connect using ole db provider for sql server

I select my server and use the integrated nt login, and choose the db.

I can access to all the views.

Not applicable
Author

Stefano,

Thanks for the update. Can I check - do you log in / connect using the administrator login? We want to use a user that isn't the system administrator user.

Thanks,

Simon

Not applicable
Author

My user is a standard user of crm, not the admin.

I don't know exactly what permissions are applied to my user

Not applicable
Author

Stafano,

Can I calrify a couple of points:

do you mean that in your OLE DB connection you are set as 'Integrated'?

then when you open up Qlikview you are logged in as a local user (not admin) and this user is also configure in CRM (so that when you reload the data you are running it under the context of the logged in user)?

Do you specify the CRM user in the OLD DB connector string?

Sorry I fairly new to Qlikview hence some basic questions. I understand the CRM security side of things. We cna get this to work if we use a domain admin user - but we don't want to use this user for security reasons.

Thanks,

Simon

Not applicable
Author

sake6612 wrote:
Stafano,
Can I calrify a couple of points:
do you mean that in your OLE DB connection you are set as 'Integrated'?
then when you open up Qlikview you are logged in as a local user (not admin) and this user is also configure in CRM (so that when you reload the data you are running it under the context of the logged in user)?
Do you specify the CRM user in the OLD DB connector string?

Yes Simon, I use integrated auth. But we have all domain users that are also users of crm.