Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Document Extension to remove grey toolbar in QVS

I've gotten several requests for a way to remove the grey toolbar which shows up when viewing QVWs on QVS.

I've attached here an extremely simple document extension which gets the job done.

Just figured I'd post it here in case it can help someone.

Thanks!

16 Replies
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

For removing the AJAX toolbar?

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

Yes

Not applicable

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

Nice, I guess Alexander posted that a while ago.  Oh well, this one is basically the same thing.  I will say that using a document extension is a better idea than modifying the htm pages or js native to Qlikview since that causes support and upgrade issues.

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

Actually, I just realized that the way Alexander and I set up our extensions won't work if you have your sheet tabs hidden.  So I've updated the extension above to use the SetToolbarPaint method instead which will run regardless of the tabs being displayed.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Ye what is really bugging me is that the toolbar and tab row should not be connected...
Oh well, I only really posted an example that should be further enchanced. Sadly we will still got a floating "Switch to small device mode" (If it's turned on) and a Close option that feels a bit out of place without the toolbar to highlight the features.

I would suggest that we also target the toolbar-nav div and set the style attribute there as well - Not sure in which order we load that in DOM though...

Not applicable

The close and the switch to small devices are loaded even before the user cal/session cal authorization on the server, so you can remove them without problems in an extension.

Not applicable

Hi,

does this perhaps not work on 11 SR2? I installed the extension, add it in the settings and press OK but when I immediately show to the extensions again this one isn't shown on the right hand but on the left hand as if I never selected it...

Thanks

Martin

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

It should work - ran a similar extension (the exact same code base with some additions) yesterday on 11SR2 and it worked fine.