Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Translate sql script into qlikview

Hello, can you help me pls to translate the next script into qlikview ? Tx!   (I undelined the fields which must be returned by the first select statement)  :
SELECT BranchOfficeName, BranchOfficeCode, Position, SAPPartnerName, SAPpartnerCode, BusinessArea, CostCenter, RevenueType, VG, Relation, LEFT(Position, 2) AS Month, LEFT(BookingMonth, 4) AS Year, ISNULL(SUM(AmountLocalCurrency), 0) AS Sales,
(SELECT ISNULL(SUM(Amount), 0) AS Expr1
FROM dbo.VAclientiAccruals AS SA
WHERE (C.BranchOfficeCode = Branch) AND (C.Position = Position)) AS SalesAccruals,
(SELECT ISNULL(SUM(AmountLocalCurrency), 0) AS Expr1
FROM dbo.VAfurnizori AS F
WHERE (C.BranchOfficeName = BranchOfficeName) AND (C.Position = Position) AND (C.BookingMonth =        BookingMonth)) +
(SELECT ISNULL(SUM(CostAllocation), 0) AS Expr1
FROM dbo.VAinterface2 AS V2
WHERE (C.BranchOfficeCode = Branch) AND (C.Position = Position) AND (C.BookingMonth = BookingMonth)) AS Cost,
(SELECT ISNULL(SUM(Amount), 0) AS Expr1
FROM dbo.VAfurnizoriAccruals AS CA
WHERE (C.BranchOfficeCode = Branch) AND (C.Position = Position)) AS CostAccruals,
ISNULL(SUM(AmountLocalCurrency), 0) +
ISNULL ((SELECT ISNULL(SUM(Amount), 0) AS Expr1
WHERE (C.BranchOfficeCode = Branch) AND (C.Position = Position)), 0) -
WHERE (C.BranchOfficeName = BranchOfficeName) AND (C.Position = Position)) -
WHERE (C.BranchOfficeCode = Branch) AND (C.Position = Position)) -
ISNULL((SELECT SUM(Amount) AS Expr1
WHERE (C.BranchOfficeCode = Branch) AND (C.Position = Position)), 0) AS GP
FROM dbo.VAclienti AS C
GROUP BY BranchOfficeName, BranchOfficeCode, Position, BookingMonth, SAPPartnerName, SAPpartnerCode, BusinessArea, CostCenter, RevenueType, VG, Relation, LEFT(Position, 2), LEFT(BookingMonth, 4)
16 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Just concatenate 2 LOAD´s

YourTable:
LOAD Expr1;

(

SELECT ISNULL(SUM(AmountLocalCurrency), 0) AS Expr1

WHERE (C.BranchOfficeName = BranchOfficeName) AND (C.Position = Position)      AND (C.BookingMonth = BookingMonth)

);

CONCATENATE

LOAD Expr1;

(

SELECT ISNULL(SUM(CostAllocation), 0) AS Expr1

WHERE (C.BranchOfficeCode = Branch) AND (C.Position = Position) AND (C.BookingMonth = BookingMonth)

)

AS Cost

Not applicable
Author

And for difference between 2 or more select statement, i'll use a join?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Hi Olívia, Im not understanding you. Could you post a sample?

Not applicable
Author

I also have a calculated field like next, where I have sums and differences between select statements:

ISNULL(SUM(AmountLocalCurrency), 0)

FROM dbo.VAclienti AS C +

ISNULL ((SELECT ISNULL(SUM(Amount), 0) AS Expr1

WHERE (C.BranchOfficeCode = Branch) AND (C.Position = Position)), 0) -

WHERE (C.BranchOfficeName = BranchOfficeName) AND (C.Position = Position)) -

WHERE (C.BranchOfficeCode = Branch) AND (C.Position = Position)) -

ISNULL((SELECT SUM(Amount) AS Expr1

WHERE (C.BranchOfficeCode = Branch) AND (C.Position = Position)), 0) AS GP

10x again, Olivia

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Well, I´m not seeing the whole forest

I would do each load separated  and joining or concatenat the results

Not applicable
Author

Hi Olivia

it must be very difficult to translate the entire sql script into qv script in one big chunk, even for the most experienced developers. i would suggest breaking the process into smaller chunks, using a more systematic approach - create and control your own structure

1. identify all the tables used in the sql script

1.a. create qvds from these tables. for example:

VAclienti:

Load *

;

Select *

from dbo.VAclienti

;

Store VAclienti into VaClienti.qvd

;

Drop table VAclienti

;

2. explore the qvds, load each table separately and see what kind of data it contains. try to get a quick answer for the following points

- what kind of table is it? transactions, entities, coresp between bigger tables?

- identify key fields, unique IDs. use the sql script to make it more easy. a structure schema could prove really helpful

- which are dimensions and value fields (try to keep only the relevant ones - especially those found in the sql script, in your case)

- what is the level of detail? also known as aggregation level or granularity

3. create processed tables using the aggregation from the sql script (sum(amount) with group by and where statement). store these tables into new qvds. however! qlikview can manage data even if it's not pre-aggregated; so think twice before, this step might be irrelevant for the moment

4. use the sql script to figure out what is the most appropiate relationship method between the tables you have (connected using key fields? left/right/inner/outer join/keep? concatenate?) - however, i would suggest leaving them as separate tables for the begining and just keep in mind the relarionship method, this will help you figure out big errors

5. the last and maybe the most important - use the qlik view interface in order to constantly check the integrity of your structure. always have a draft qvw open for testing your data and your suppositions, if done properly, this draft often becomes the incipient version of your application

- do the key fields connect correctly? (data should have same format, key fields should have a big subset ratio - for example each client should have a name attributed from the clients nomenclature table)

- always check that your tables don't grow after joining one with another (undesired one to many association or cartesian product)

- create simple charts (bar charts, straight tables) using one dimension and one or two simple expressions, see if the values make sense, using your business knowledge. it's a good moment for starting some basic validation - compare the result with values extracted from erp reports, company stats and so on. make selections and see how they affect the result, the selections can be afterwards translated into where clauses into your script.

Not applicable
Author

10x Cosmin! I take it step by step and I'll tell you what I succeded

Nice day!