Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

pivot table , very very urgent....help plz

hi

i am using the calculated dimensions in pivot table as rows and column.

now i want to group my columns. how can i do that??

i have columns as a,b,c,d,e,f and these all are calculated dimensions and i want to group a and b with a heading class1 on their top and c,d class2 and e,f class3.

how to do that???

5 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You could try adding another calculated dimension and dragging it above the others.

Sounds like you may be better defining these dimensions in the script though.

Not applicable
Author

if i am adding a calculated dimesion then its repeating itself for all values...in simple language i have to do grouping of the columns which are also calculated dimensions.

so how can i do it by editing scripts??

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What are the expressions for your calculated dimensions?  Also what are the expressions in the table?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

And please post a screenshot of your data model.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

To do advance grouping aggr function can be used but aggr can not be used with calculated dimensions.

So, in your case either you can group them in backend itself as Jason said (a better choice, I will say).

or

You have to create this new dimension also as a calculated dimension and you can group them based on conditions only.

So, for example in your current calculated dimension whatever conditions return a or b, they should return class1 in your new dimension, same as when your current dimension returns c or d in new dimension it should return class2 and so on.

Hope this works, if not then let us know.

Ashutosh