Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Script Editor Setting in Qlikview Server

Hi,

I have installed Qlikview server but when I open a document from a client machine using Access Point, The script Editor option is greyed out.

I have checked all securty settings but cant find which one to enable to get me around this.

does anybody know what I need to enable?

Thanks,

Gregg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You can lease named license for your Qlikview desktop from your qlikview server and can do all sort of development activities. After leasing, you can open qvw developed by other users also.

Ashutosh

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can't access the script using the web viewer.  You must install the local client.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

By installing local client – what exactly do you mean by this?

Do you mean using the qlikview desktop?

Regards,

Gregg

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yes - you can only edit the script with the desktop application.

Not applicable
Author

Well, basically you can only edit qvw files which are accessed on the QV Desktop as well as they are local files.

i.e. you can not access files through QV Server and be able to edit them. You should have access to QVW file directly.

QVW files accessed through servers are read only they can not be written back. Even the objects users create though web access they are saved separately into [Name].qvw.shared file and not into the QVW file directly.

So, access your file locally to edit it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for that.

Just to clarify one more thing. I have installed qlikview desktop on the server but this is only personal edition.

Would I need a licesnse to update this or does it use one of the server licenses?

Thanks,

Gregg

Not applicable
Author

You can lease named license for your Qlikview desktop from your qlikview server and can do all sort of development activities. After leasing, you can open qvw developed by other users also.

Ashutosh