Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filter raw data in Pivot/Charts

Hi,

Since last 1week, I m extensively using Qlikview for our organization dashboards. I have prior experience in MS/BO/CR reporting solutions.

A basic functionality....filter the data based on some criteria....is this available in Qlikview???

I have a baisc requirement...irrespective of my other selections....i want to display data only for Yesterday (i.e. select data where date=today-1)

A brief of dimensions available (PO_NUM, RCPT_NUM, TRNS_DATE). I want to display all PO_NUMs and RCPT_NUMs where TRNS_DATE=Yesterday.

I have tried using conditions in Dimensions (i.e. if(TRNS_DATE<=today() and TRNS_DATE>=vYesterday,TRNS_DATE)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks @Jagan and @Yogesh for your prompt replies....I got a resolution from blog-discussions...

I made added a calculated dimension with formula =if(TRNS_DATE>vYesterday and TRNS_DATE<Today(),date(TRNS_DATE,'DD-MMM-YY'),null()) and then selected suppress null value option.

But it is very weird, qlikview does not have basic filter functionality...required by any reporting-cum-dashboard solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check attachment for solution.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In staright table take PO_NUM and RCPT_NUM

write expression like this

If (TRNS_DATE= '$(vYesterday)' ,1,0) in expression. where vYesterday=Today()-1 as  variable

In presentation Table hide the expression Column.

So you get only yesterdays PO_NUM and RCPT_NUM.

IF you are not getting solution then share sample application

Not applicable
Author

Thanks @Jagan and @Yogesh for your prompt replies....I got a resolution from blog-discussions...

I made added a calculated dimension with formula =if(TRNS_DATE>vYesterday and TRNS_DATE<Today(),date(TRNS_DATE,'DD-MMM-YY'),null()) and then selected suppress null value option.

But it is very weird, qlikview does not have basic filter functionality...required by any reporting-cum-dashboard solution.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you all for this answer and I agree with you, it is strange that core capability like setting a filter is not included in the base product.