Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access USERID PASSWORD can't reload on server

So I have inline section access in a document using USERID, PASSWORD and ACCESS. It works great if viewing or reloading from the developer. But when trying to reload from server I get an error in the log "The document failed to open. Bad Username and password is the most likely cause of this problem". In the server (SBE) I have added the userid and password to the document reload settings under "section access" and I am still getting the error. This looks like a bug to me. Using NTNAME etc. is not an option as sales reps must access the document offline where domain authentication does not exist.

Using 9SR4 SBE

Anyone have a suggestion?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aaron,

You can use NTNAME on the server and user id and password for your users by doing something this:

Section Access;

Load inline * [

USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME, ACCESS
*, *, SERVERUSER, ADMIN
SOMEUSER, SOMEPASS, * , USER
ANOTHERUSER, ANOTHERPASS, *, USER

];

Section Application;

Where SERVERUSER is the Windows name of the user running the reload job on the server.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aaron,

You can use NTNAME on the server and user id and password for your users by doing something this:

Section Access;

Load inline * [

USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME, ACCESS
*, *, SERVERUSER, ADMIN
SOMEUSER, SOMEPASS, * , USER
ANOTHERUSER, ANOTHERPASS, *, USER

];

Section Application;

Where SERVERUSER is the Windows name of the user running the reload job on the server.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Matt,

This did the trick. I had read elsewhere about a similar answer, but could not find a good example until now. Thanks again!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have the same issue. But I have a requirement that it should not ask any user opening the document(either through client or web access point) for entering the USERID.

How can this be achieved?

Thanks and Regards,

-Karthik

Not applicable
Author

Hi,  Say for example Im 'Admin' and my NTNAME is 'domain\user567'

do I need to put domain\user567 into the Section Access part of the Reload dialogue within Management Console?

My reload is failing due to section access...

Hope you can help!

Tom