Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QEMC Can't manual start tasks / Status task page is blank

Hi,

I'm having problems with my QEMC. I can't manually start tasks, nor does it show any tasks on Status Tasks page. There is of course tasks bound to the documents, I've also added a lot of various tasks, just to eliminate the possibility that there is an error with showing just a kind of triggers.

I've already checked the community for answers on this problem, according to http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/26246/100551.aspx#100551 this problem would have been resolved by SR4. I also read a post about having old tasks unbound to files in TaskResults and Triggers in QDS in AppData, but that isn't the case here.

The machine is running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server x86 (Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2) and .NET version 2.0.50727.3603 with build number 9.0.7469.8 on all services. The user is adminstrator, so it shouldn't be a problem of permissions. The repos is running XML, haven't tried SQL yet, but I'm reluctant to install SQL server on the machine for the sole purpose of checking this error.

I can't for the life of me figure out why it behaves in this way, any ideas are welcome.

//Marcus

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Marcus

Is it the issue where the play icon has completely disappeared? I had this problem, and as recommended by support installed the SR4 but still had the problem. The problem arose for me when I changed the folder pathway for publisher source documents. I also had an additional issue after upgrading to SR4 - I got the message "Could not connect to the QlikView Command Center service" when adding a task from the Source documents tab even though the service was up and running and could be accessed through a different route.

Anyway I logged the problem again - it got escalated to 2nd line support, and they dialed in from Sweden (they were very helpful) and ended up reinstalling the server software from scratch which sorted it out. I wouldn't recommend doing this yourself as they were deleting registry entries and folders before installing again.

Cheers

Paul

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your assistance Paul

Yes, that was the problem. But I managed to solve this myself.

If anyone has a similar problem, press the Send workorder button in the interface (System - Setup - Dist Services - Advanced )

Then go to the workorder path in Commandcenter AppData ( my path is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\Workorders). If you see the newest created file just being there for a while and then deleted, just to be created again, you got yourself a problem with nasty old data in the xml structure. I was 100% _SURE_ this wasnt my issue, but I had overlooked one reference of a file in the xml files, and this caused the workorder to make crash when being created. Just stop the Distribution Services, make a reference table of all the ID tags in there, and just check what should be removed. Go to QVPR and start with SourceDocument, anything that cannot be traced back to these files should not be in your xml files, it is old data and needs to be removed in order for the system to work.

It'd be nice if there actually was a button in the interface that completely rewrote the xml structure as well, not only the workorder file, since this is based on the xml's.

/M