Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reduce in server or in Section Access

I have an application that is divided by sector (purchases, sales, inventory). I divide into different files by using the tab "Reduce" and grant access using the tab Distribute > Loop field in document.

The resulting files are small, but how they stay in memory? This is a better approach than reduction in Section Access?

Somebody know?

Thanks.

JP

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Joao Paulo,

It will depend widely on how the document has been built and how many resources does it use when in memory. Generally speaking, many small documents with little timeout values will perform better than one huge document accessed concurrently by a lot of users with higher timeouts. Hence, your approach seems all right to me, but don't take my word for it, and test it using several users and different sizes of documents.

Are your users going to make always the same queries, so they are going to be cached quickly and so returned faster (one huge doc) or are they rather going to make very different selections on many different fields and sets of information (many small docs)? How long does it take for them the use of the QlikView app?

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

It makes sense.
   I will continue evaluating. If you find any information relavante'll post.

If you find out if the documents in memory are unified, please let us know.

Thanks,

JP