Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need % calculation based on field total wise

Hi,

I  taken 3 dimensions and 6 expressions in pivot table.My requirement is to show the %calculation based on the field total wise it is in 1st dimension.

I taken expression is

sum({$<YEAR = {$(=max(YEAR))}, MONTH = {"<=$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH))>$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH)-1)"},ClosingStock={'>0'}>}  IF(AHC_CallDate = MAXDATE_CHECK, ClosingStockInCase))

it is showing correct value,but i want to show this value in %,based on the total of one field

ex:-  value=186.12, i want to divide this value with field total i.e.,35007.32

requirement= (186.12/35007.32)*100

= 0.53%

i am having 4fiels in 1 dimension,i want to show this calculations for different values.

thanks,

ba

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I first thought it should be enough to just use the TOTAL qualifier with field list to calculate the total, something like

=100*

sum({YOURSETANALYSIS} Value) / sum({YOURSETANALYSIS} TOTAL<FIRSTDIMENSIONFIELD> Value)

Then I noticed that you are using an if() clause to restrict your Value:

IF(AHC_CallDate = MAXDATE_CHECK, ClosingStockInCase)

Depending on your data model and dimensions used, this might complicate things a little, but to tell more, you would need to tell us a little more about your setting (or post a small sample app).

Not applicable
Author

You can use this code :

Sum({SET_ANALYSIS} VALUE) /

Aggr(NODISTINCT Sum({SET_ANALYSIS} VALUE), {YOUR_DIMENTION})

I use this code when i want to get % calculation in expression on Pivot or Straight table.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Danny,

Thanks for ur reply,tell me what information you want.i will give you.i am trying past from 4 days but solution is not coming.

regards,

ba