Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hierarchy Intervals Question

Hello community.

I'm pulling data from SAP BW to construct a hierarchy and I manage to work with the HIERARCHY instruction on QlikView.

It was working fine until today that the numbers did not match with out legacy report.

After a searching a lot and trying to find the problem I found that the hierarchy on BW has interval nodes and I don't know how to handle this.

What are interval nodes on BW? Let me see if I can explain myself:

Normally I would have a hierarchy like below, where there's a father for each leaf....

Node A

--- Node B

------- Node B1

------- Node B2

--- Node C

--- Node D

but on an interval hierarchy there's an interval of leaf values that compose a node, like this:

Node A

--- Node B

------- Node B1

------- Node B2

------- Node [B5 - B15]

--- Node C

--- Node D

this means that for Node B there are at least two individual nodes (B1 and B2) but there could be ten more nodes (from B5 to B15) and this is representended by an inteval. I don't know why SAP manages hierarchies like this.

Anyone has ever encounter something like this before?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

4 Replies
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

So you're saying you would like to "expand" the interval into individual leaf nodes before applying the hierarchy function?  For example, you want "Node [B5 - B15]" to become individual nodes "Node B5", "Node B6", etc?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, that's because my transactional data comes at nodeid level and the hierarchy in that case does not have the nodeid but the interval.

beunderf
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Excellent question! Did you find a solution for this problem ?

Not applicable
Author

Had quite the same problem loading data from SAP ECC.

In SAP ECC the hierarchies are stored in the tables SETNODE and SETLEAF. According to the hierarchy there are also intervals in the SETLEAF table.

Once I had loaded the node values (in your case as ex. B6 as part of the transaction data) as well as the hierarchy intervals (ex. B5 - B15 as part of the hierarchy data) into qlikview, you have to do a IntervalMatch to match the values to the intervals.

In my case I had the account number RACCT in the transaction data table and i linked it to the intervals in table SETLEAF as follows:

inner join IntervalMatch (RACCT) Load [VALFROM], [VALTO] resident SETLEAF;

hope this helps a little further, although it's not exactly your SAP BW case.

cheers

thomas