Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

PDF- Xchange 3

Hi !

Can anyone tell if PDF-Xchange 3 is not generating PDF's what may be the reasons of failure of

tasks in publisher & what are the things needed to check? I have uninstalled & installed again but no way out ,

so is there any registry which needed to be deleted before re-installing as few days ago it was working fine generating heap of PDFs??

Is there any other PDF generator available which can be replaced with this ?

Regards,

Gargi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Gargi, as I suggested try to restart your system and I am quite sure that after restart it will work fine because I had faced this similar issue.

also, before restart confirm that PDF creator is set as your default Printer in windows printer setting.

Ashutosh

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

when you install pdf x change and make it as your default printer. Restart your system after this. Then it will start printing reports.

I remember in my last project, I used to get this kind of error where all of a sudden pdf would stop printing and tasks will start failing, and at that time a restart would solve all the problems.

May be this is related to some windows setting which takes effect after restart or something like that .

Ashutosh

suniljain
Master
Master

Hii Gargi,

You can also use PDF Creator . it's available in download section of qlik.com. I used that tool . its working   good  since last two years.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

check the link below hoe

http://community.qlik.com/thread/31509

its working for me

hoe this hels

Sunil Chauhan
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thnx Sunil... but I m afraid as we both r talking about d same one, the PDF creator from Qlikview.com is d same im using , n as I said it was too working fyn, suddenly all tasks are failing with the log saying

"Error Could not print report" ....

any othr way..shall I reinstall the server..??

---- Gargi

Not applicable

Gargi, as I suggested try to restart your system and I am quite sure that after restart it will work fine because I had faced this similar issue.

also, before restart confirm that PDF creator is set as your default Printer in windows printer setting.

Ashutosh

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi ,

Ya...I will try with that...as there are many applications live cant do it now....

Will try this n let u knw soon.

Thanks Ashutosh,

-----Gargi

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanx Ashutosh...

It's working fyn..!!!

---Gargi

Not applicable

Thanks!