Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nested filter fields

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how can we do this through qlikview ??

'Rows' is the first filter field in checkbox, when will select something like Channel and segment from Rows then data for Channel and segment will be show to the next in listbox.

As soon as will select values like Online store(ONL) from Channel listbox and Consumer from Segment listbox, will get sale data for Online store(ONL) and Consumer in a table .

Thank you,

Minakshi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Minakshi,

When you go to list box properties, under layout tab you will see this option and here you can put your conditions.

Same will be available in charts also, if you are not able to make it work then please let me know.

I will make some sample and put it here. So, you will get an idea.

1.JPG

Thanks,

Ashutosh

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Minakshi,

You can do this through conditional show.

Make list boxes for channel and segment then if rows = channel or rows = segments then show their respective listboxes.

then if in channel and segments ONL and consumer is selected show your table.

You just need to work it out to fit your needs but this can be handled pretty well using conditional show.

Hope this makes sense.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashutosh,

Please tell me exactly wer to use the conditional split .

Thank you

Not applicable
Author

Hi Minakshi,

When you go to list box properties, under layout tab you will see this option and here you can put your conditions.

Same will be available in charts also, if you are not able to make it work then please let me know.

I will make some sample and put it here. So, you will get an idea.

1.JPG

Thanks,

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Ya I did the same when I am selecting Channel, Channel listbox is coming and when I am selecting Country, Countrylistbox is coming but when I am selecting both nothing is coming.

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,    

What expression you have used?

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

In Channel listbox layout I have written Rows= 'Channel'

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

try this expression
     =WildMatch(GetFieldSelections(Rows,','),'*Channel*') for Channel list box

=WildMatch(GetFieldSelections(Rows,','),'*Country*') for Country list box

Not applicable
Author

Hi Minakshi,

You can use something like this

for channel

=if(index(getfieldselections(Rows,'|',10),'channel')<>0,1)

for country

=if(index(getfieldselections(Rows,'|',10),'country')<>0,1)

this way even if you select both then also, it will work.

One more thing, instead of using 10 you can use total no. of distinct values in your Rows field, so if you have 4 distinct values in Rows then use 4.

This will be a little slower because here it needs to search through a longer string.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Celambarasan,

it is very important to use max_values value in getfieldselctions (for example, I have used 10) function because if more than 6 values are selcted then it will return false even if it should return true.

Ashutosh