Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cluster error when trying to apply server settings

Has anyone ever gotten the error "A cluster node has been added, please enter the control number" when trying to apply changes to the server settings?  I only have a single stand-alone server, so I don't understand where this is coming from.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is not a bug. You can't cluster SBE servers. Also, to cluster your license has to have a cluster node setting.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You must enter de Control Number in the "general" Tab of the Server Settings and not apply. Go to the setting you want to change ,change it and than apply. Works fine

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Can you show a screen shot of where you are trying to enter your license?

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

I use the QV 11 Version 11154

System -> Setup ->QlikViewServers-> Servername->General

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

OK, that is the wrong place. See attached.

Not applicable
Author

no its not because the problem is not to license the server. The Problem is :

Has anyone ever gotten the error "A cluster node has been added, please enter the control number" when trying to apply changes to the server settings?  I only have a single stand-alone server, so I don't understand where this is coming from.  Any help would be appreciated.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ok, so you are trying to cluster two servers. You have added the license to the first server (in the place i showed you in the screen shot ) and that one is working ok. Now when you try to add the second server you put in the license number and control mumber and hit applied get the message?

emkabi646
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi pkrolicki, I solved the same problem with your description,  there's no context with clustering cause I have an SBE installation -  thanks a lot.

Not applicable
Author

Yes i have also a SBE installation..must be a bug.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is not a bug. You can't cluster SBE servers. Also, to cluster your license has to have a cluster node setting.