Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How to integrate a QV into a web site without using WorkBench or WebParts ? Is it possible with html tags?

I've been using QV workbench and the sites are great, but how to integrate QV without WorkBench?

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, if you are an experienced Web programmer, you can do it using HTML tags - just analyze the code of your AJAX pages and integrate it into your web site. This is how we used to do it ever since ver. 7, before WorkBench and WebParts become available. Using those products, however, makes you more productive... I doubt if it's cost-effective to try and do it manually...

Not applicable

Here an example for QV8.5! Should be very similar for QV9 AJAX Client Objects!

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/14/5238.Embedding-QlikView-AJAX-objects-in-Custom-web-pages-with-QlikView-Server-8_5F00_5.doc:550:0]

ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

tnx!

Not applicable

rva, I could not open the link, maybe it moved, can you possibly repost the link?

Not applicable

ended up using WebPartPages:PageViewerWebPart in sharepoint which contained either the Access Point or access to a particular qvw stored on the access point. 

did some simple detection if  browser was IE and plugin installed for Premium viewing and redirect to same page on AJAX if not. 

Worked out ok.