Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Range Of Data In QlikView...

Hi Guys,

How much Data QlikView works normally???

Is there any range or it will work similar to BO???

Thanks & Regards

Garry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

It is not like that. But there is a calculation method or formula to compute the amount of memory required for a specific qlikview application.

untitled.bmp

The above formula has been created and suggested by qliktech for memory calculation.

It is very simple and realistic.

Herewith attaching the QlikView Scalability whitepaper.

Regards

Andrew Hudson

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Well,Theoretically Qlikview will work with the data which can be accomodated on your RAM.

So, you keep adding RAM and you keep adding data.

But it is suggested to use Clustered servers if you are having more than 512 gb of RAM required. as Qlikview will not scale that good for over 512 GB of RAM and clustered servers will give better performance.

Also, keep in the mind that as you grow data your CPU should also be grown to perform calculations on the fly.

Thanks

Ashutosh

suniljain
Master
Master

I handled more than 70 crores of records in table in qlikview . It was extracted from SAP and modelled it in qlikview. so there is no any specific limit on data part in qlikview.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

hi sunil

how to calculate memory required for reloading data

sunil

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Memory requirements for reloading data are quite subjective and depends on the operations which are being performed in the load script but on average 150% of the size of all the qvds accumulated should suffice.

But using join operations cause more memory to be used.

Also, one simpler rule can be that 150% of the Size of your QVW application in your RAM should suffice.

Ashutosh

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

IS IT MEANS

IF I HAVE 1gB OF DATA THEN MEMORY SHULD 1.5 gb

AND RAM ALSO SHOULD BE   1.5 gb

SUNIL

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If it is just about reload then yes in most cases with 1 gb of data you should be able to do reloads with 1.5 gb of RAM. But then again, If you put join operations or some other operations which can enhance your required amount then you will need to take that into account also.

For example you loaded 1 gb of data then you again need to filter out some data and for that you again take resident of that table then your required memory is doubled.

Then you may need more RAM.

So, How I do this is I will see how my reload script is going to be then for every QVD used I will calculate its size and then for every resident or any new QVD I will add up the size. That way I will get an average size, I will make that size 150% and that will be my required amount of RAM.

As I have followed this rule and most of the time I have got plus or minus same amount of RAM uses while reloading.

So, thumb rule is that it entirely depends on the Load script, you are going to use.

But in production scenario, recommended will be more than that.

Ashutosh

adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

It is not like that. But there is a calculation method or formula to compute the amount of memory required for a specific qlikview application.

untitled.bmp

The above formula has been created and suggested by qliktech for memory calculation.

It is very simple and realistic.

Herewith attaching the QlikView Scalability whitepaper.

Regards

Andrew Hudson

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for this formula. It seems good.

But here Sunil has asked about memory requirements during the reload, he has not asked about the memory requirements of an application on server (for user viewing.)

That is why, I have said this is subjective and highly depends on the load script written but in most cases this memory requirement which is used for Application on server works fine for reloads also. The reason is that an application when reloading will most of the time take memory less then the application takes while viewed on server.

Because, It does not contains any objects (so that memory is not needed)

Users are not viewing it (So, no overhead per user)

Also, when server memory is set up it is set up for all the applications memory requirement in parallel but reloads are mostly scheduled in series, so they don't run parallely.

So, this does not makes much difference in memory requirement for server.

That is the reason no body calculates memory requirement for reloads when server is set up and also Qliktech does not give such formulas for reload memory requirement calculations.

Hope this makes it clear.

Regards,

Ashutosh Paliwal

adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

I know that he has asked about the max no of data or no of rows that qlikview can handle.

Am I right?

In the file I have attached with that post, it was really nice about explaining the ability of qlikview about handling the huge amount of data.

And thats what exactly he needs to understand.right?

And even there are some comparisions with other BI tools also. How qlikview performs better than other BI tools currently in Market, kind of.

Please read that attachment to get better ideas. It is really cool.

Regards

Andrew Hudson.