Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pie Chart - same color for value/field, also when order changes

I have a Pie Chart with one Dimension (Department) and I want to set a specific color for each department. i.e   Opex = brown, Z + R = blue, Part M = green ...

Pie Chart.bmp

If the order changes (i.e. Z + R is 2nd or 3rd) then the department should still have the same color, Opex = red, Z + R = green, Part M = blue ...,

How can I define individual color for eych value of the dimension used in the Pie Chart, even if a value is numer 1 oder number 7?

Edit:

Here is another example. I have cities and the colors change when I  select different times. But I need the same color for the same city, even when the city is first or last.

thank you

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, this works perfectly. You were right, QV does not recognize the values rgb(1,1,1), but it works with 3 fields.

Thanks to all, the QV Community really is the best.

Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone,

I have a similar problem, but in my case, I have a scatter chart and i need a diferente color by each field value. In another words:

I have this on my script

color:

LOAD * INLINE [

R,V,B, Firmware

101,100,121, +31J2

210,220,200, +31J8

30,230,200, 5.80C

40,40,100, 5.81C

50,50,200, 5.83C

60,60,100, 5.83Z

100,100,200, 5.87C

100,100,200, 5.92C

100,100,200, 5.92T   

100,100,200, 5.96E

];

And this configuration for expression (Delta is the value plotted in the scatter chart area). The persistent color is no checked.

Chart Properties [Delta] - 2 linked objects_2012-04-11_18-06-11.png

What can be wrong? anybody help me?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Guiliano,

Your dimension should be Firmware.  The color expression should be on the dimension, not on the expression.

Regards,
Michael
PS: Advice - create new question rather than adding replies to the existing one if you want more users to read it.  Second, this thread is marked as "answered", even less chances someone reads it.  Third, your question is not even about pie chart...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your answer, your suggestion was really useful, because part of my problem is solved.

I sorry for my mistake, I start a new thread for my situation. http://community.qlik.com/thread/51240

Thanks

Giuliano Caetano