Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview v9 SR4 IE Plugin Issue "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an add-on and..."

We are testing our client deployments for an upgrade to Qlikview v9 SR4. On a number of our deployed client images we are recieving the following error. This only happens on some of our images. When we load the qlikview website Internet Explorer crashes.

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with and add-on and needs to close.

The following add-on was running when this problem occurred:

Add-on Name: QlikOCX.oxc

Company Name: QlikTech Internationl AB

Description: Qlikview

When you click through IE then closes. This is with IE 7.0.5730.13 and QV Plugin 9.0.7469.8. We get the same results connecting to an SR4, SR3, and SR1 qvs.

Has anyone else run into this issue and if so have you found any resolutions for it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Qlikview had to create a customer patch on top of SR5 to resolve this issue for my organization. With the patch we were able to successfully upgrade without issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am having the same problem on a deployed client site. I can't reproduce the problem with 100% accuracy. it is all very intermittent and sporadic.

Any help would be appreciated...

Not applicable
Author

Qlikview had to create a customer patch on top of SR5 to resolve this issue for my organization. With the patch we were able to successfully upgrade without issue.