Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Session control

Currently even on QV10 a user is able to open more than one session of a QlikView document or Model on same computer.

This often affects the system performance. Is there a setting that is able to force only one session of a document to be open per user on same machine?

If a session of a document is open the setting should prevent same document session to be open to run concurrently.

5 Replies
qlikviewajeet
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, Yes, It is.

Solutin is: Open Qlikview Management Cosole --- Click System  ---- Setup ---- Management services - Qlikview servers --- Performance -- go to sessions -- (Reduce)maximum no of concurrent sesions. by default it is 5000.

Not applicable
Author

I will confirm if this works. Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks qlikviewajeet for your feedback but this does not solve the problem, this solution only applies to server session access. I am talking about an enterprise environment where Qlikview document is distributed thru the server to client environment. I want to limit to just a single session of the document to run per client environment. A users should be able to open a session only at a time on their computer. 20 users can be accessing the document at a time but ONLY ONE session of the document should be opened per user environment....

qlikviewajeet
Contributor III
Contributor III

go to system-setup-directory service connector - custom directory

path as custom

username as custom

Documents -  userdocuments - authorization

click on  add Recipients

and provide directory/username like as custom\ajeet

and then assigned CALs

click on the Document CALs tab, set the number  as "Assigned Document CALs to this document", and assign users in the form DOMAIN\USERNAME in each document.

Not applicable
Author

Was this confirmed as working? I cannot seem to follow the steps laid out here properly.