cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Real Time updates

Hi!

does anyone have experience with QlikView and real time data updates? I need to build this kind of solution but need som answers fist.

Do i need a special license?

does the updates include new rows from the database?

How many rows can it handle when it comes to real time updates?

In general, how does it work?

Thank you!

//A.

7 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Starting from QV11 SR1, you won't need a special license.

Yes, you can add rows.

Not really sure, but I believe it was not designed to handle large volume.

You need a macro or an external program to do updates/inserts/removal or existing, already in memory qlikview information. This won't affect the QVW file so you should be careful about that.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

What do you mean by "won't affect the Qvw file"

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

If you change a value, that change only affects what's in memory, the QVW will still hold the same value until it's reloaded.

If you server restarts, and the QVW loads again, you will go back to the old value.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

another question, when is it "large volumes of data?" where's the line or is it depending on the impact on the live system/database?

Thanks again!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok. An antoher question, what's the limit of "large volumes". What i really wonder is in what cases does this solution actually works well?

Thanks again!

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You should probably talk to your QlikView Partner/Master Reseller/Qliktech contact to get more information about that.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Take a look at this post.

http://community.qlik.com/message/206052#206052

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.