Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Expression

Hi,

I am trying to use the output of the expression as the input to calculation of another expression.It is showing as '-'  . Attached the example for your reference.

5 Replies
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sorry attached the Example now

Not applicable

From the QV Manual: "dimensionality ( ) returns the number of dimension columns that have non-aggregation
content, i.e. do not contain partial sums or collapsed aggregates." So, you I don't think you need the avg() statement as it is reporting the number of dimensions, which would always be the same for all rows. You can use 'if' statements to derive data based on the value returned. The manual said it is typically used for conditional formatting. What are you trying to achieve?

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your response.

I am looking forward to show the max value of the Expandeddimension column as the additional column is there any way around

Not applicable

So, basically you want to know the number of possible dimensions, not the number currently expanded dimensions (which is what dimensionality() returns)?

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Not exactly  Ideally i want to show the expanded number of dimensions. If i expand manually the two dimension it dimensionality will show 2 for the row  with dimension expanded and others for 1 where dimension is not expanded. I want to add the additonal column with all rows having the same value as the max(Dimensionality) or it can be like i need to store the max (dimensionality()) in a variable.