Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection within a graph

Hello !

I have a Stack Bar Graph where I need to filter some data before counting it.

When I do this selection manually, the graph is shown correctly.

However, I need the graph to consider those selections independently, regardless of the current selection.

The attached QVW contains the selection (it is selected already), as well as the graph and the data.

ThanXs !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

THis is very simple using set analysis.  I saved your current selections into a bookmark, then instead of:

=COUNT(CODMOV_BBMOV)

use:

=COUNT({BM01} CODMOV_BBMOV)

Hope this helps,

Jason

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

THis is very simple using set analysis.  I saved your current selections into a bookmark, then instead of:

=COUNT(CODMOV_BBMOV)

use:

=COUNT({BM01} CODMOV_BBMOV)

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Thank you !

Very simple indeed.

Wish we had a "mini tutorial" about set analysis, with several examples and so forth...

But thanks anyway !

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

There's LOADS of stuff on this forum, but before that the F1 help is actually pretty good...there's even a Set Analysis builder app online somewhere,,,

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

By the way - if an answer given is correct, please mark it as such so others can see in search results that it's been answered.

Cheers,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Another issue...

Say that the Graph is based on a Set Analysis of invoices that are delayed (not paid until today). We can then make the selection , freeze it on a BookMark and build the graph upon it.

So far so good.

However, let's say that now the end user wants to see the invoices PER STORE. That is, he/she wants to refine the selection.

In this case Set Analysis doesn't seem to work...

Or would there be another detail ?