Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Allowing end-user to create a new graph on the sheet

Is there anyway for the end-user to create a new graph and specify the fields for the axes at run-time?

Also, is this possible with the Javascript/AJAX API?

5 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Users can easily create new objects (graphs etc).  Just check the Allow Server Objects box in the Document Properties > Server tab.

Hope this helps,

Jason

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

You can enable server objects

On QMC -> System -> Setup -> QlikView Server -> click on the server -> Documents -> Allow server objects

On QMC -> Documents -> User Documents -> Click on your document -> Server Objects -> Allow creation of Server Objects

Hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys.

Is there any video screencast that demonstrates this in action? I do not have the QlikView Server yet, but I would like to see the features it offers before I make the purchase.

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

I'm not sure about a video, but you can try this feature on QlikTech's demos. For example, in this one:

http://us.demo.qlik.com/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=qvdocs/Call%20Center.qvw&host=Demo11

If you right click on a blank space, you can add a 'new sheet' or 'new sheet object'

You may also right click on a object -> copy and then right click on the sheet and paste a copy

Hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Erich and Jason,

Thanks for your help. This is immensely helpful.

I looked into the options allowed on the QlikTech demo that Erich refered to.

http://us.demo.qlik.com/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=qvdocs/Call%20Center.qvw&host=Demo11

I was looking for the Playback/animate feature that the QlikView Desktop version offers and could not find it on the demo. Is this feature not available on the online dashboards?

Also, if the animation is available on the online dashboard, will the animations work on a mobile device such as an iPad?