Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Start QlikView Distribution Service under different user

Hi,

is it possible to start the QlikView Distribution Service under a different user.

By default it is the system user.

I have tried to do so but if I use e.g. my own user who is local Admin on the server as well as a valid domain user the service does not start again.

Thanks for your help

Simon Koenen

7 Replies
lhr
Employee
Employee

yes it can run as different users, but the account needs permission to run services. also, doesn't it start in the servicelist or does the q(e)mc list the service as offline?

Not applicable
Author

I have tried to use my own userinformation for the service but while starting the service within the servicelist I get an error 1067 "Could not start the QlikView Distribution Service service on Local Conputer." and my user is administrator on the server and has the permission to run services.

Furthermore I have tried it with a different user but also with the same result.

lhr
Employee
Employee

any clues in the windows event log?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have de same problem.

Event Log.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Qlikview Distribution Service
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 10/20/2010
Time: 10:52:15 AM
User: N/A
Computer: HBA-2K3-DMZ09
Description:
Startup failure. Read the log file and/or event log for determinating the cause of this problem. Note! The service must have sufficient permissions in Publisher Application Data Folder: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service". Exception=System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
at QDSMain.Clustering.ClusterFile.MakeFilePath(String fileName)
at QDSMain.Clustering.ClusterFile..ctor(ILogBucket logBucket, String fileName, Action`1 readXML, Action`1 writeXML)
at QDSMain.Clustering.ClusterRegistration..ctor(ILogBucket logBucket)
at QDSMain.MainClass.Run()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Not applicable
Author

I had this problem today, and fixed by adding the 'Application Server' role to the server. (only .Net framework... not the web server).

I installed the .Net framework manually, but most of the QV services would not start. I went back and configured this 'Role', and then everything was able to start. (this applies to windows 2008)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

On configuring a new Windows 2008 R2 server I incurred the same problem.  After installing Microsoft.NET 4.0 I needed to go to Roles and add "Application Server".  The services then start.

Windows 2008 R2 Roles.bmp

Not applicable
Author

gibsontg, nick.scott, your answers are what I was looking for since hours !

My services didn't want to start. I've checked every possible reason without succes.

Then I found this thread and your posts.

I added an "application server" role to ".Net framework", et voila !

Thank you very much!