Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Help: Showing Dates Prior to a Selected Date

Hi All,

I'm having issues with a set analysis. I want to display only data in a straight table that has [Inception Date] less than [Date], which I select from a list box.

Inputting only({$<[Inception Date]=[Date]>}[Vhl 1 Age]) woks, and returns all data where the inception date is equal to whichever date i select.

Inputting only({$<[Inception Date]={'<2011-02-01 00:00:00'}>}[Vhl 1 Age]) also works, and returns all data where the inception date is before 01/02/2011.

However, inputting {'<Date'}, {'<[Date]'} or {'<$[Date]'} in place of a specified date doesn't return any values.

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

Ross

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

try to use

only({$<[Inception Date]={"<$(=max([Date]))"}>}[Vhl 1 Age])

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

try to use

only({$<[Inception Date]={"<$(=max([Date]))"}>}[Vhl 1 Age])

Not applicable
Author

This works great, thanks. However, this has brought to light a new problem: for rows where there are more than one vehicle age it brings back the policy number, but it doesn't show either of the ages, simply showing a -.

Could you help me with this? Ideally i'd like it to bring back the maximum age, although I could still use the data if it returned both.

Thanks in advance

Ross

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Ross

I think you just need to change the 'Only' to 'Max'.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Worked like a charm, thanks.

Ross