cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calling a script from a macro

Hi Everyone,

I need to provide a QV solution for the users which does the following:

1. gets a value from a selector (say VALUE)

2. deletes a set of rows from a sql server DB (delete from table where field = VALUE)

3. deletes the same set of data from the relevant qvd file

4. reloads the data.

For doing so, I have thought I could use a button with a macro and I have found out how to connect to the sql server DB and delete the rows.

However, I don't know how to reflect these changes on the .qvd file as well as I don't see a way of calling the store command from within a macro. Is this possible?

Any other (maybe simpler) solution anyone can think of would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Best Wishes,

Melania

4 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check this link hope it helps you.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2784

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

that's cool, thanks a mil.

I also need to delete some data from the QVD file and I was wondering if it's possible to:

1. delete the data from the QV logical tables in memory with something like

SET Result = ActiveDocument.DynamicUpdateCommand ("DELETE Table FACT Where FAC_id_extraction = 20120316114852")

and then

2. execute a store command to store the content of the table (after deletion) into the qvd file but I haven't ound any examples of calling a QV script from within a macro (whereas the opposite is quite common - i.e. calling a macro from a script). Is there any chance I can invoke a store command from within a macro?

Thanks a million,

Melania

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I don't think it is easier, but we can do this by saving the deleted records IDs in a CSV or Excel file in macro, and during reload exclude this values by using Except().  Check script below

DeletedIDs:

LOAD

FAC_id_extraction

FROM FileName;

DATA:

LOAD

FROM FileName.qvd (qvd)

WHERE NOT EXISTS(FAC_id_extraction);

STORE DATA INTO FileName.qvd;

DROP TABLE DeletedIDs;

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

I was thinking about calling the Releoad method from within the macro.

However, this forces the re-execution of the entire reload script. Can I execute just a portion of the reload script and not the entire one?

If the answer is not, then I think I'll write a macro that does that:

- delete the rows from the SQL Server DB table

- execute a Reload from the macro

I will also have to modify the script to perform an insert/delete/update operation (as explained in the QV reference manual - using qvd for incremental load - case 4).

I was just trying to avoid to re-execute the entire script just to align the content of a qvd file with the database table after a few rows have been deleted.

Thanks a million and Best Wishes,

Melania