Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Persistent 'Processing....Please Wait' dialog box

Hi All,

I have an issue where i have persistent dialog for 'Processing... Please wait'. The server is not running any tasks and has been stable for some time until recently when I added 20 new EDX tasks.

I've also experienced this with other QVS installations largely with V9 SR2.

This is the exact dialog box shown in grey below:

error loading image

I''ve looked at a possible solution in the thread http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/25371.aspx

But that solution makes no sense whatsoever and there is little information to explain why that works.

Any help on this issue would be fantastic.

Build number is 9.0.7440.8

Thanks

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We experienced the exact same issue when entering EDX tasks. We recently converted our Data Warehouse Update program over to use EDX calls. We set up approximately 200 EDX tasks. Every 10 - 20 tasks, we would have to restart all QV services as QEMC would become unstable. It was very frustrating and time consuming. It appeared that as we entered more tasks, QEMC became slower and slower until we finally restarted the services. The "Processing...please wait" message became my enemy very fast.

I have reported this (last week) to QV as a bug, but would be interested if anyone else is seeing this issue.

I will forward this thread to the QV Support Tech that I am working with.

Thanks,

JS

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Take a look at the latest log file in the following folder for clues: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikviewManagementService\Log

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We are still researching this, but based on the error in the log, QV support sent us this reply:

I found a few cases having the same error:

Error Failed to create workorder: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Here is what these customers ended up doing to resolve their issue by re-registering .Net Framework.

Reinstall the .NET framework via http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908077 and restart the Qlikview services (Start -> Run -> services.msc). If you can, restart all QV services, not just QVS Service. If your running IIS, restart IIS after restarting the QV services.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

If that's the error, trying pushing the "Send Workorder" button in QEMC --> System --> Distribution Services --> Advanced. In theory, that should create a clean copy of the workorder and recreate broken links (although I've never tried this myself). It won't hurt to backup first though...

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

The addition of the Qlikview Document Administrators group and copy all members from Qlikview Admininstrators to that group fixed the problem.

Thanks for the replies all.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hmmmm... Interesting that it worked for you. We tried that approach and did not see any improvement. Maybe we had the Group name wrong. Will try it again.

Matt. What version of QV 9.0 are you using? SR2?

Thanks,

JS

Not applicable
Author

Hey jsomsen,

Did you restart all of the QVS services following the AD changes?

Yes, using SR2