Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load Script - create a new field in the script

Hello,

I'm not sure on the correct terminology but I would like to do the following.....

I have a list of customer account numbers (User_Cust_Code)

I would like to create a field which is basically customers in the group and customers not in the group.

I can do this in the load script with:

If(User_Cust_Code=101 or User_Cust_Code=102 or User_Cust_Code=103, 'Group' , 'Not Group' ) as Grouped_Users

This is ok if I only have a small amount of customers that aren't going to change, but the group will be bigger and can change....

SO!!! I would like to use a spreadsheet with a list of customer accounts in and use this instead of listing the accounts manually.

Any ideas how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If you are asking whether you can bring an Excel spreadsheet into QV as a data source, the answer is yes. You can do this in the load script by clicking on the Table Files button and selecting the spreadsheet you are tracking the customer codes in. If you are manually tracking the codes in Excel, you might think about just tracking either the "Group" or "Not Group" (which ever has fewer codes) customer numbers. You could then load the data from Excel and apply a map to the User_Cust_Code field which would give you your "Grouped_Users". I have attached examples.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you are asking whether you can bring an Excel spreadsheet into QV as a data source, the answer is yes. You can do this in the load script by clicking on the Table Files button and selecting the spreadsheet you are tracking the customer codes in. If you are manually tracking the codes in Excel, you might think about just tracking either the "Group" or "Not Group" (which ever has fewer codes) customer numbers. You could then load the data from Excel and apply a map to the User_Cust_Code field which would give you your "Grouped_Users". I have attached examples.

Not applicable
Author

Perfect mate!

I knew there would be a way and would probably be a map just couldn't quite figure it out.

Thanks,

Ben.