Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Expression for Date range - Not working

I have created a date filter (2 calendar controls) and I wanted to filter out the data in Pivot based on the date ranges

Value for vStartDate & vEndDate can be obtained from the 2 calendar controls (the values are shown as numbers instead of Date format).

When I issue the following, nothing is being displayed

Sum({$<DateCol ={">=$(=Date(vStartDate)) <=$(=Date(vEndDate))"}>} Sales_Amount)

but if I issue the below code, then the data is populating properly.

Sum(IF(DateCol >= Date(vStartDate) and DateCol <= Date(vEndDate), Sales_Amount)

I am new to QlikView and Set Analysis. I tried putting single quotes and double quotes, but nothing is coming.

Please anyone help. Is expression case sensitive? (Here the case is correct only though)

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Fantabulous.

Thanks a lot Celambu / Adhi, it works like a charm.

Is there a separate documentation for various conversions & formatting. I am very new to QlikView, working for past few days only. Please guide me to learn QlikView quickly.

Thanks once again.

A quick question: Can we include another year in the same expression for YOY comparison. I am achieving this now through 2 IFs as mentioned in my initial post (and this is working correctly).

IF((DateCol >= Date(vStartDate) and DateCol <= Date(vEndDate)) or (DateCol >= AddYears(Date(vStartDate),-1) and DateCol <= AddYears(Date(vEndDate),-1))

I need to achieve YOY & YTD in the grid. Can you please guide me. Thanks in advance

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Simply use this

=Sum({<DateCol ={">=$(=TimeStamp(AddYears(vStartDate,-1)))<=$(=TimeStamp(vEndDate))"}>} Sales_Amount)

Qlikview help file and this community is enough to learn Qlikview.

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. Is this a separate column or in the same column.

The main reason I am asking this is, in my previous query I wrote a single expression and just dragged the year dimension and it populates Sales for both the years.

Like that is there any way where I can specify AND / OR conditions inside an expression.

Edit: I have created another Measure for YOY - previous year and removed the year dimension and its working fine.

Sales (CY): =Sum({<DateCol ={">=$(=TimeStamp(vStartDate))<=$(=TimeStamp(vEndDate))"}>} Sales_Amount)

Sales (PY): =Sum({<DateCol ={">=$(=TimeStamp(AddYears(vStartDate,-1)))<=$(=TimeStamp(AddYears(vEndDate,-1)))"}>} Sales_Amount)

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

=Sum({<DateCol ={">=$(=TimeStamp(AddYears(vStartDate,-1)))<=$(=TimeStamp(vEndDate))"}>} Sales_Amount)

Above expression itself work like your expression

IF((DateCol >= Date(vStartDate) and DateCol <= Date(vEndDate)) or (DateCol >= AddYears(Date(vStartDate),-1) and DateCol <= AddYears(Date(vEndDate),-1))

for both the years.

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

The query is partially right. The thing is if we give a date range like Apr 1st to Apr 5th, then it is taking the date range as

Apr 1st 2011 till Apr 5th 2012.

But I need Apr 1st 2011 to Apr 5th 2011 and Apr 1st 2012 to Apr 5th 2012. I dont want the data between 5th Apr 2011 and Mar 31st 2012

Hence I achieved as I mentioned in my above post. Thanks, you have given an insight of how to arrive, which is very helpful

Any specific doc or link for formatting and conversions?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I want to achieve this. Can you please help me? I don't want the greyed out portion as it displays only zeros. Can we achieve through Set Analysis?

YOY.JPG