Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolett_yuri

"Failed to allocate a QlikView Engine"

Today I had a small problem with all applications from the QlikView Server.

The errors that each application was brought in the log:

/ 27 / 2010 8:15:00 AM Error Failed to allocate a QlikView engine.
8/27/2010 8:15:00 AM Error Was In QlikView engine available after waiting for 45 minutes
8/27/2010 8:15:00 AM Error Reload failed because the document could not be opened successfully. DocumentState = CouldNotGetSlot
8/27/2010 8:15:00 AM Error The task "name" failed. ErrorCount = 3

My question is:
How can I ensure that this mistake occurred not more?
What causes this error?

I know there are some forum threads with this issue, but none could answer me why this happens.

PS: The installer version is QlikView Server 9 x64 SR5

Product Name QlikView Management Service
Product Name QlikView Publisher Command Center x64
Product Name QlikView Connector Service Directory
Product Name AccessPoint

5 Replies
Not applicable

How many parallel tasks do you have? And check values for next setup fields:

QVEMC -> System -> Distribution Services -> QDS -> Advanced -> Max number of simultaneous QlikView engines for distribution

QVEMC -> System -> Distribution Services -> QDS -> Advanced -> Max number of simultaneous QlikView engines for administration

nicolett_yuri
Author

I do not have the "Distribution Service" in my QlikView Server. The distribution of applications is done through the QVS. Inside the QVS, there is that same option and it was scheduled:

Max concurrent reloads: 2

How many parallel tasks do you have?
Theoretically no, but the reload time can extend and generate a competitive application.

Maybe some application error has made and passed that value of max concurrent reloads. Moved up to fourth and shortens the timeout to reload the applications scheduled to reload.

Sorry for my bad english 🙂

Not applicable

How did you solve this problem, we have the same problem at the moment.

nicolett_yuri
Author

I adjusted the amount reload, because there were more than two applications by reload at the same time.

This option is on:
System - Setup - QlikView Servers - QVS @ - Performance

Reload Limits
Max concurrent reloads: 8

Try it.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Note, the max you can do (Microsofts limit) is 20. However, you only want to set this to the number of CPUs you have in the machine. So, if you have two the the max should be 2, etc.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.