Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonikajain
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

copy qlikview sheet from one application to another

Dear all,

I want to copy one sheet along with the objects and associated  variables from one Qlikview application to another Qlikview application. Please suggest ways to achieve this.

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

If you are using QV9, then its quite easy. Select Export sheet from the File Menu, and in the other application select Import sheet.

As far as I know, there is no simple way to do that withh Qv10 or Qv11. For some reason that I don't understand, Qliktech removed that capability when they introduced the project folder approach. Now I cut and paste the objects from one sheet to the other, which is not so quick if you have hidden sheet objects.

Perhaps someone can prove me wrong!

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I see you also want to copy variables (although variables aren'y associated with sheets). Oh, I wish there were a way to do that! Qliktech seems to believe that the variable interface is OK (as it is unchanged since at least V9), but personally I feel that it could be vastly improved, and exporting/importing variables would be one feature on my wishlist.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein