Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Doc CAL assiged to users but they still can't see reports

Hi All,

I have assigned a report doc CAL to a few users by going to the doc CAL property of the report in Qlikview server and adding the users to it. I have first increased "Number of CALs allocated to this document" to 5. The other Doc CAL properties are below

Document CALs available on server: 40
Document CALs not allocated on server: 15
Document CALs allocated to this document: 5

However, The users that are assigned the Doc CAL are still not able to see the report. Does it take some time before they can access the report, or do I need to give them some other rights before they can access this report?

Regards

Arif

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When the users open the access point page, they cannot see any report. The page is empty to them. All categories show 0 reports

Thanks

Arif

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

If you have NTFS mode activated then you need to assign the rights to the application for those users from windows security i.e go to the pysical location of that QVW file. -> Right click -> Properties -> Security -> Here add the users in security.

If you are using DMS mode of security, you need to add the users in authorization tab. i.e Go to QEMC-> document -> Click on the Application -> Right side you will see Authorization tab -> Add use name here.

once you do any of this seeting the user will be able to see the document and open the document.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Solanki,

I can see the report now. however, I get a message, failed to open the document. You dont have access to this document. I have manually assigned the CAL to four users. I added them in the security tab of the qvw document and now they see the document in the access point. However, they get the above error message even though I have assigned them CALS. The document calls show the below info

Document CALs embedded in document: 0
Document CALs assigned to users: 0

Regards

Arif

Not applicable
Author

The four users are showing up in the assigned users. Do I need to enable any other option?

Regards

Arif

Not applicable
Author

One more question. Even though I have allocated Doc CAL to this document and added users to it, it is still showing Document CALs assigned to users:0. What is the reason for this?

Regards

Arif

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes that can be a reason, dont go according to the message you shown i.e

Document CALs embedded in document: 0
Document CALs assigned to users: 0

This place you will not see the 5 Doc CAL assigned to which document, there can be case that this CAL's are assigned to some onther document and you are trying to open some other document.

Once you assign the Doc CAL you must see that "Document CALs Assigned to user : 5".

If possible attach the screen shot.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!